Monday, January 12, 2009

Our trip to Sarasota, FL

We just got home from visiting my dad and step mom in Sarasota Fl. We left around 12:30 AM Thursday morning on our long 11 hour drive and got there around 11 that morning.
{ there is a lot to this post so bare with me!}




<~~~ Garrett was so
excited while we {Adam} were getting the car all packed and started driving!

Garrett 5 minutes later!~~~>






The drive really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Adam drove first then we switched { of course me with NO sleep....I think I was too excited to sleep} Once we got into Florida I started to feel horrible { I really think I had a stomach virus the first day!}

Now of course I have a funny story of my comedian 20 month old son! Once I started feeling bad Adam suggested I needed to eat something so we drove thur a Burger King to get breakfast {Garrett was asleep when we pulled into BK but once we started ordering we heard him clapping in the backseat! Ha} anyways we ate... and we got a little lost right around my dad's neighborhood so Garrett was starting to get a little fussy so I handed him the BK bag our food came in to keep him occupied.......


I guess you can say it did the job.....Adam & I were basically crying because we were laughing so hard! { I think he looks like the pope!}


Anyways we made it to my dad's and rested for a little while and then my dad took us all to the beach were Garrett had the time of his life!




Garrett & grandpa had so much fun together!!!

Garret had sand everywhere! It took forever to get all the sand out of everything!


After all our fun at the beach we kinda just lay ed around until Nana Linda came home and we had a great dinner. After that grandpa & Nana took Garrett and us shopping! Garrett got new sippy cups and diapers and shoes...anything a big boy could ask for! Thanks again!


When we got home it was Christmas at Grandpa's & Nana's! Garrett got so much nice stuff! He got a cute track suit, a chicken flashlight...that makes noises, cars, a car blanket, books, a tooth fairy pillow, bath toys, an A B C caterpillar, a golf set! He had a blast! Dad & Linda thank you again for the money Adam & I appreciate it a lot!




Garrett opening all his presents!



Garrett was trying to help grandpa open his and Nana's present!

Nana opening some of Gar-bear's toys! He's one blessed little boy!



Garrett was giving his grandpa some lovin!



The next day we all got up and Nana Linda made us a big breakfast and we got ready and went to Jungle Gardens! It's kinda like a zoo they had birds, turtles, monkey's {Garrett's favorite}, crocodile's, snakes! It was really cool and I think Garrett enjoyed it...I know I did!







After our long adventures in the jungle dad & Linda took us out to one of my favorite restaurant's the Bonefish! {Thanks again it was Yummy!} And then grandpa & Nana babysat Garrett while Adam & I went out for drinks afterwards!

Thanks for such a Great trip Grandpa & Nana! We can't wait til we can come back and visit! We love you!


0 comments: