Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tennille/Sandersville, Georgia

Well I guess I'll start off buy saying we did have to make our little trip for Adam's work and it ended up being a blessing in disguise! Adam had to drop a couple sets of tickets off in Atlanta but realized his home town of Sandersville was only 2 hours away and of course that made our trip totally worth it! Adam was so excited to take Garrett & I all around the little town he grew up in, the schools he went to, the house he lived in, And probably his favorite his childhood friend Joseph's parents house for lunch! But as excited as Adam was I was so overwhelmed! I had the best time visiting the places that made my husband the man he is today and to see him light up as stories bombarded him with each and every place we visited! It made me so proud to call myself his wife! Now please bare with me I took lots of pictures!(if you double click on the picture it will enlarge!)

We had to stop in South Carolina for gas and Garrett felt like it was his turn to drive!


Welcome to Tennille/ Sandersville, Georgia!

The first stop on our little journey was Adam's childhood home in Tennille, Georgia


D.D Crawford was Adam's primary school (kindergarten - 2nd grade) And how sweet the play ground that Adam played on as a child! We wanted to let Garrett play but it was to rainy!


Adam's elementary school (3rd - 5th grade)

I've heard many stories that took place inside this building...the saying "if these walls could talk" comes to mind! below is a picture of Adam his brother Eric and his sister Georgi's names in bricks that are placed around the flag pole of the middle school.


Now to Adam's favorite part of the whole trip visiting with Joseph and his family! Mr. Brent & Ms. Kathy thank you for the meal and fellowship but most of all thank you for being a second family to Adam! You hold a big piece of Adam's heart! I have to say I haven't heard a story yet that hasn't had your family somewhere in it! I'm blessed to finally have gotten to meet you!


Garrett & Joseph playing! It was an honor to finally meet the reason for all the funny stories I've heard of Adam's childhood! Joseph thank you again for all you do to keep our country safe! We'll be praying for you!



Our last stop on our little journey was my father-n-laws old plant. Thank you Dave for all your hard work! I know Adam & I don't think you and Wynne enough for all your support emotionally, spiritually & and God knows financially! We Love you!



Garrett, mommy & daddy can't thank you enough for being such a good boy during all that traveling!!!



0 comments: